We all need to scan QR codes and bar codes for various purpose though our smartphones and devices. For this we require an application called as bar code or QR code scanner. But the good news is, now you do not require any third-party application to scan QR codes. If you have google chrome browser installed on your iPhone, then you can directly scan QR codes using its inbuilt scanner. This feature is very handy and easy to use all you need to do is to get to the QR code scanner through 3D touch or the spot light search. Here are the different ways you can access QR code scanner on your iPhone quickly with the help of google chrome.
Using 3D Touch Scan QR Codes from Google Chrome
1. Make sure to update Chrome app on your iOS Device.
2. From the home screen of your device simply 3D touch googles chrome app.
3. Now, Choose Scan QR Code in the shortcut menu.
4. Allow the app to access the Camera when you see a Pop-up.
5. This will enable your camera and you will be able to scan QR code. Information related to the QR code will be displayed on Chrome.
Using Spot Light Search Feature:
1. Swipe down on your home screen to access spot light on your iPhone.
2. Type QR in the search box you will find google chrome as the first result
3. Tap on it, this will ask for the permission to access camera on your device and once you will grant the permission you will be able to scan QR codes or bar codes.
You may also like: How to Enable or Disable Cookies in Google Chrome?
Now you do not need to download and install a special app for scanning codes with your smartphone or device. If you are look for a solution of any other tech related issue you can give us a call on our toll-free number which is (855) 765-6710. We will be happy to help you.