Windows Anniversary update gave us a pretty decent working environment. It is so far one of the best versions of Windows. But there are some annoyances, which we face daily. One such disturbing feature is the “suggested app” suggestions” in the Start menu–both on the left side, under your apps, and on the right side as live tiles. This was basically introduced to improve the “customer experience”. Another such example of customer experiences is Facebook; you must’ve noticed a bunch of friend suggestions notifications (people you may know) on the wall, which almost occupies half of our screen.
Fortunately, Windows has given us easy solutions by which you can easily turn these things off.
Disable Suggestions via Windows Built-in Option
Windows has offered us a Personalization setting to turn some of it off. All you need to do is:
1. Open Windows 10’s Settings app
2. Head on to Personalization section and click the Start tab.
3. Now just toggle “Occasionally Show Suggestions in Start” option.
This will disable the “suggested app” notifications from the left side of the start menu, but you’ll still see them over live tiles. If you need to disable the suggested app notifications from there, then you need to perform a little more troubleshooting which is well covered in the next section.
Disabling Suggestions via Registry Editor
1. Go to start menu and open the Registry Editor by typing “regedit.”, tap enter and grant permission to make changes to your PC.
2. In the Registry Editor window, use the left sidebar to navigate to the following key:
3. Now we need to create a new key inside the Windows key. To do so, right-click the Windows icon and choose New > Key. Name the new key as “CloudContent”.
4. Now, you need to create a new value inside that new key. To do so right-click the CloudContentkey and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value. Name the new value as “DisableWindowsConsumerFeatures”.
5. Double-click the new DisableWindowsConsumerFeatures value to open its properties window. Now change the value from 0 to 1 in the “Value data” box and tap OK.
6. You can now close Registry Editor and restart your computer to see the effective changes. The new suggestions notifications and live tiles should no longer appear on the start screen.
You may also like: How to Open Multiple Desktops in Windows 10?
Hope this helps! In case you still face any trouble in executing any of the above-mentioned points, feel free to call us right away on our toll-free number 855-765-6710 to seek instant tech assistance from our experts.