We all agree to this that it gets frustrating when our system takes an eternity to respond to perform a seemingly minute task. This issue can be easily fixed if you are ready to devote few minutes of your spare time and have a basic knowledge of computers.
So Let’s take a quick tour to learn how to optimize your system’s performance. Here are some tips to help you optimize Windows 7 for faster performance.
You may also like: How to Repair Microsoft Office and Uninstall Individual Programs?
Step 1: SuperFetch Services
- Press and hold Windows sign + R.
- Type “services.msc” in the run dialog box.
- In the Services window drag the cursor down and Right Click on SuperFetch & open its properties.
- In the SuperFetch Properties, change the startup type value from “automatic” to “automatic delayed”.
- Apply and click Ok.
Step 2: Advanced System Settings
- Press the Windows + Pause Break key to Open Advance system setting.
- Click on Advance System Settings.
- In the properties window under advanced tab, Click on Settings.
- Select “Adjust for best performance” and If you would like to retain a nice interface then check on “Use visual Styles on windows and buttons” & click OK.
Step 3: Registry Backup
- Press the Window + R key and type “regedit” in the run dialog box.
- Scroll to HKEY_Current User>Control Panel > Desktop > Menu show delay.
- In the Value data enter zero 8 times and click OK.
- Now select HKEY_Local machine and scroll the path -System>Control set 001 > Control
- Edit value of “Wait to kill” to 1000.
Note: – Repeat this process for every “controlset002” “003” and so on.
Hope this article was useful for you. In case you get stuck in the midst of any of the above mentioned points, then you can call us on (855) 765-6710 Toll Free (USA, Canada) for any further assistance.