Time to time we install apps on our iPhone as per our requirements. And You will often find updates being released for these applications. Sometimes updates will have some amazing features and sometimes they are simple bug fixes. Updating applications consumes a remarkable amount of data. In-fact a lot of applications can only be downloaded over Wi-Fi, due to their sheer size. If you do not have a Wi-Fi connection and you do not want to use much of mobile data, you can update your applications via iTunes. You can use your computer or a laptop connected with a wired internet to do so. Here are the steps to update your iPhone applications using iTunes.
1. Download latest version of iTunes on the laptop or computer on which you have working interment connection. You can download latest version of iTunes from the website. http://www.apple.com/itunes/
2. Once you are done with the download and installation of iTunes on your computer connect your iPhone to the computer using lightning cable (USB Cable)
3. Once you have connected your iPhone to the computer you have to unlock it and have to click on Trust when prompted.
4. Open iTunes on the computer. You will find that your phone is now connected.
5. From the menu select Account>Sign in.
Sign in with your apple id and password.
6. Now go to Account>Purchased
You will find your purchased or downloaded stuff in this section.
7. Now click on All given at the top Centre and then click on Apps given on the top right.
You will find the list of all your purchased applications here. Some of the applications you might have uninstalled from your phone but they will still be here so manually search for the application you want to update and then download it from the cloud icon given at the top of application icon.
8. Once you have clicked download the latest version of application will be downloaded to your iTunes. Now click on your Device icon appearing on the top.
9. Next click on Apps and then click on Update given in the front of app you recently downloaded.
10. When you will click Update this will show Will update. Then you have to click Apply your phone will be synced with computer and listed application/Applications will be updated.
After sync you can eject your iphone and applications and now it will have updated application.
Next time if you want to update the same application via iTunes you will not require to download the application to iTunes again. You will find it in the Apps given in the top dropdown and by clicking on library/updates.
You can simply update the app from here and then you can sync the update to your phone in the same way.
Note: If you do not find Apps in the drop down menu you can add it by clicking Edit Menu.
So now you can update applications of your iPhone using a wired internet connection. It will not take mobile data to update applications. If you face any issue in following these steps or if you have any other tech related issues you can give us a call on our toll free number which is (855) 765-6710.