Apple CarPlay not just provides a unique infotainment experience, but a smart and safe way to use our iPhone in our cars. Apple’s main goal with creating CarPlay is to fully integrate an iOS experience into a car so that you can have access to your iPhone while driving. This includes text messages, apps, music, maps, and much more. And, the whole thing works with Apple’s Siri.
Here’s what you need to know about Apple’s CarPlay.
What All functions CarPlay can Perform?
- The basic idea behind CarPlay is to use all iPhone functions while driving. (distraction free).
- You can make calls, get directions, and listen to music and more.
- CarPlay comes integrated with apple maps too which can be used for navigation.
- CarPlay also has access of your address from your email, Text Messages and Calendar.
How to Use CarPlay?
Here are the quick steps to sync your iPhone with CarPlay:
- Connect your iPhone with your vehicle via USB port. There’s no wireless Bluetooth option available. Hence, you need to connect your iPhone with the help of a lightning USB cable.
- As soon as your car detects that your iPhone has been connected, CarPlay will automatically get launched.
- You can then choose to switch between CarPlay and your vehicle’s native infotainment interface by selecting the appropriate icon from the CarPlay menu.
NOTE: Once your iPhone gets connected, its screen will be automatically locked to eliminate any kind of temptation while driving.
Presently more than 200 cars support CarPlay functionality. Every major automobile manufacturer currently offers models that support CarPlay or is planning to introduce them.
Here is a list by Apple, listing all available models that supports CarPlay:
So, do you have CarPlay installed in your vehicle? How are you liking it? Let us know in the comments section below.
In case you face any trouble in setting up CarPlay with your existing vehicle then feel free to call us on our toll free number 855-765-6710 (US, Canada) so that our tech experts can guide you through.