iMessage from apple is full of features especially after the latest update to iOS 10. If you have multiple apple devices, then it will be convenient for you to sync your iMessage app across the devices. It is very simple to do that and once you are done with this you can easily switch among the devices and can dedicatedly work on one device without worrying about the messages. So, let us find out how iMessage can be synced across the devices.
Start Syncing iMessage with the iPhone:
Let’s start with making sure that everything is set up properly on the iPhone, before we move on to other apple devices.
1. Open Settings > Messages > Send & Receive on your iPhone.
2. At the top of the page you will find Apple ID used on your iPhone for iMessage – Note it down. Below will be your phone number along with any email addresses you have associated with your Apple ID.
3. Pick your phone number as what you will use to send and receive messages. Doing so will prevent a lot of confusion and avoid messages syncing to one device.
4. If you opt to select an email address as well, a new option will appear at the bottom of the screen. Select your phone number or an email address as what you want to Start new conversations from.
Now all you need to do is to verify the same information on your other apple devices.
Now On an iPad:
1. Open Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and check to make sure the same Apple ID you used on your iPhone is being used on your iPad.
2. Then select your phone number and any email addresses you added on your iPhone.
3. Remember to select the same item for the Start new conversations from option at the bottom of the screen as you did on your iPhone.
If apple id on the iPad do not match with the one on your iPhone, then log out and log in with the same id.
Finally On a Mac or MacBook:
1. Open Messages then go to Preferences > Accounts and check that the Apple ID used to sign into iMessage it should be the same on your iPhone and iPad.
2. Check the boxes next to the phone number and email address you want to use.
3. On Mac or MacBook too it is very important to select the same item to Start new conversations from option at the bottom of the screen same as you did on your iPhone.
You may also like: How to Add and Use Custom Text Shortcuts to iOS?
So now you can smartly toggle between your devices and can continue your chat on the iMessages on all your Apple devices. In our blogs, we always try to simplify use of the devices for our readers. If you have any tech related issue you can give us a call on our toll-free number which is (855) 765-6710.