Memories are safest when they’re inside your head. But with advancement in technology, we now have ways to store and preserve our precious moments through videos and photography. Unfortunately, this way of capturing memories can also be exploited if your private photos and videos fall into wrong hands.
Dropbox is the perfect safe house for your photos, docs, videos, and other files. Everything you keep in Dropbox is synced automatically to all your devices. Hence, you can easily access your files on any device, even if you’re offline.
Recommended post: A Simple Trick to Stay Safe Over Public Networks
We understand how precious your memories are, hence here’s how you can enable two step verification to secure your Dropbox account.
How to Enable Two Step Verification
Two-step verification (also known as two-factor authentication), adds a second layer of security to your account. Here are the quicks steps to set up 2 step verification to your Dropbox account.
1. Login to your Dropbox account, click on your avatar in the upper right corner, and select “Settings.”
2. In the Settings menu, switch to “Security” tab.
3. Just below the Password section, you’ll see the “Two-step verification” section. Click “Enable” as soon as a dialog box pops up, click on “Get started”.
4. Here you need to enter your current password (for security reasons).
5. The next screen will ask you to select the method by which you’ll receive security codes. (We’d recommend you to use a mobile app as its comparatively more secure).
6. If you choose to use a mobile app for authentication, the next screen will show a QR code. Simply scan this code from the authenticator app on your phone.
7. If you select to just use your phone, you’ll enter your phone number instead. If you set up an authenticator app, you can opt to enter your phone number as a backup.
8. Lastly, you’ll verify that you indeed have access to the codes—either via authenticator app or from the text message that will automatically be sent to you with this step.
And it’s done!
You may also like: How to Enable Two-Step Verification in WhatsApp for iPhone?
Enabling a two-step authentication to your account is great way to keep the privacy intact. Big giants like Facebook, WhatsApp and Gmail also offer this feature. So why not add it to Dropbox as well?
In case you still face any trouble then feel free to call us on our toll-free number 855-765-6710 (US, Canada) so that our tech geeks can resolve your queries.