Adware, browser hijackers and other potentially unwanted programs are following an upswing trend nowadays. They generate web traffic, collects sales leads for other shady sites, and display advertisements and sponsored links within your web browser. Such unwanted programs are often added when installing a new software. The adware program gets bundled along with the installation of that program and enters the system.
Also read: How to Compress a File on Your Mac?
When your Mac OS X is infected with malware, your system will experience the following symptoms:
- Advertising banners are injected with the web pages that you are visiting.
- Random web page text will start turning into hyperlinks.
- Browser popups will appear recommending fake updates of softwares.
- Other unwanted adware programs might get installed without the user’s knowledge.
This article contains a comprehensive guide to help you get rid of malicious software from your Mac system. The step by step illustration process is mentioned below:
1. From the Safari menu, select “Preferences “.
2. In the Safari Preferences window, click the “Extensions” tab. If we find any unknown plugin, then click on the “Uninstall” button.
3. Next, select “Preferences “, go to the “General” tab and change the “Default Search Engine” to Google. Then, in the “General” tab, find the “Home Page” and change it to “google.com”.
You should always pay attention while installing software because often a software installer includes optional installs which might contain infectious programs too.
You may also like: How to Unfreeze Mac Book Touch Bar?
Be extra careful of what you agree to install.
In case of any other query you can give us a call on our toll free number 855-765-6710 (US, Canada). We’ll be glad to assist you!