Apple Watch is a compact yet expensive gadget and risk of losing it is always there. But did you know that you can find your lost Apple Watch just like your smartphone. ‘Find my iPhone’ utility given on the iCloud can help you to do this. Let us learn the basic requirements to use this to track the location of your lost Apple Watch.
- Apple Watch should have OS 3 or earlier
- iPhone should be on iOS 10 or later.
- Apple Watch series 2 is having GPS. So, Apple Watches onwards series 2 are trackable over the GPS.
Also check: Apple Watch Tips and Tricks You Must Know
Finding a lost Apple Watch with an iPhone or computer. Sign in at iCloud.com or use the Find My iPhone app this will allow you to see your watch on a map. If you have Apple Watch Series 2 it can use GPS and a trusted Wi-Fi connection to show you its approximate location. Apple Watch Series 1 doesn’t have GPS but you’ll see the location of your paired iPhone or its Wi-Fi connection. If your watch is nearby, you can play a sound to help you find it.
Find a Lost Apple Watch on Your Computer:
1. Go to iCloud.com.
2. Sign in with your Apple ID.
3. Open Find iPhone.
4. Click All Devices, then click your Apple Watch.
Find a Lost Apple Watch on Your iPhone:
1. Open the Find My iPhone app.
2. Sign in with your Apple ID and password.
3. Tap your Apple Watch.
If you find your Apple Watch nearby you can play a sound and can easily find it.
You can choose from three actions for your lost Apple Watch.
- Play sound
- Lost mode
- Erase data.
Here is all you need to know about putting your Apple Watch on the lost mode.
1. Tap or click Lost Mode. On your iPhone, confirm that you want to lock your watch and tap Turn on Lost Mode.
2. Enter a phone number where you can be reached, then tap Next.
3. Enter a message that you want to show on the watch screen.
4. Tap or click Done.
After this you will get a confirmation email and your message will be displayed on the screen of y our Apple Watch.
In case you have found your lost Apple Watch you can turn off the lost mode and can re-use it. You can disable lost mode of your Apple Watch using a computer and an iPhone.
On your computer:
1. Sign in to iCloud.com with your Apple ID.
2. Open Find iPhone.
3. Click All Devices, click your Apple Watch.
4. Tap Lost Mode > Turn Off Lost Mode > Turn Off.
On your iPhone:
1. Open the Find My iPhone app and tap your missing Apple Watch.
2. Tap Lost Mode.
3. Tap Turn Off Lost Mode > Turn Off.
You may also like: Amazing Things to Known About Apple Airpods
So now you can enjoy wearing your portable gadget without fear of losing it. If you still face any issue in following the given steps or if you have any other tech related issue you can give us a call on our toll-free number (855) 765-6710. We will be happy to help you.