WhatsApp keeps adding amazing features to its messenger. WhatsApp is very particular about app security because of its sheer number of users worldwide. Recently WhatsApp has added some cool features like stories on the status messages sending 30 files at a time etc. With these amazing features the application has also added two step verification to make the application more secure and trustworthy for users. In this article, you will get to know that what exactly is this two-step verification and how you can enable it on your iPhone.
Know More About: WhatsApp Web-An Easy Way to Run WhatsApp on Your PC
What is Two Step Verification?
Previously when using WhatsApp for the first time, you just needed to enter the one-time password you have received on your phone no. and that’s all. WhatsApp realized that something more need to be done with the security of the application so now they have added another layer of protection by adding another step to verify. If you enable two step verification you must verify the phone number with the same procedure and you can also set a six-digit passcode which you need to enter when you will try to login your WhatsApp.
How Two Step Verification can be Enabled on iPhone?
1. Open WhatsApp from the home screen of your iPhone and navigate to the settings tab.
2. Next go to “Account” in settings menu.
3. Here you will see Two-step Verification. Third option from the top.
4. Now you need to enter a six-digit passcode. While choosing a six-digit PIN remember that you will need this at the time you want to log in from another device or in the case you are logging in back on the same device.
After entering the PIN, you need to re enter it to confirm.
5. Next you will be asked to enter an email address. It is optional but we strongly recommend you to enter an email id because in case you will forget the six-digit PIN you can quickly reset it using the email account you have entered.
You will also be asked to enter email address again to confirm.
6. And finally, your two-step verification set up is done. You will see a screen like this on your iPhone.
Also Read: How to Remotely Logout from WhatsApp Web?
So now your WhatsApp communications are protected by two layers of security. However, if you will login to WhatsApp web it will not ask for the six-digit PIN you just need to Scan the QR code. If you have any other tech related issues or if you need any kind of technical assistance regarding your computers, tablets or Smartphones you can give us a call on our toll-free number which is (855) 765-6710.