We often need to store files on CDs or DVDs to keep our data backed up. Although this method of storing data has become quite redundant with the use of flash drives and portable HDD. But despite of being so old school, burning a CD/DVD is extremely easy and quick with Windows 7. So here is how you can burn files to a CD or DVD.
Also check: How to Turn off Filter Keys and Sticky Keys?
1. You will need to have a DVD/CD writer hardware installed on your system. Insert the disk you want to write in DVD/CD writer.
2. After few seconds you will see an auto play menu. Select burn files to disk from this menu.
3. Next you can name the disk and can choose type of disk from two options.
- Like a USB drive. If you will select this option, then you will be able to use the disk as pen drive that means you will able to add remove or edit files into the DVD/CD from other computers.
- With a CD/DVD Player. If you will select this option, then you will not be able to edit files on the DVD/CD This option is useful to write for players or other devices.
If the AutoPlay window does not appear after you insert the disc, you can manually click Start, Computer, then double-clicking on your CD/DVD drive.
4. Adding files to a blank disk: There are 3 ways to add files to disk.
- Drag and drop files onto the blank disc through Windows Explorer.
- Copy and paste files onto the blank disc.
- Right-click on any file, mouse over Send to… and choose your CD/DVD drive.
5. Next go to My Computer and open up your CD/DVD drive. In the Explorer window, you’ll see all the files waiting to be written to your blank disc. Click Burn to Disc on the Windows Explorer toolbar.
6. In the next step you have to give a name to the disk and have to select recording speed after making these choices click Next
7. You’ll see a progress bar appear on your screen, and when it’s done your disc will be ready.
Must read: How to Open Multiple Desktops in Windows 10?
Your disk will be automatically ejected once files are successfully written. Now you can insert the disk again and can check if the files were properly written. If you are looking for solution to any other tech related issue you can give us a call on our toll free number which is (855) 765-6710 or can write us on email@example.com.