You can now set up your child’s account to family sharing and prevent them from viewing any unsuitable content. Creating a kid’s Apple ID creates an “Ask to Buy” button, which notifies you whenever your kid wants to purchase anything found on iTunes or the App Store. If your Kid already has an Apple id, then too you can change it to Apple Id for kids. Since anyone below 13 years of cannot create their own Apple ID so you must create a Child account for your kid.
Recommended post: How to Enable Two-Step Verification in WhatsApp for iPhone?
Here is how you can create apple id for your Kids.
1. Go to Settings from the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad.
2. Tap your Apple ID at the top.
3. Tap Family Sharing.
4. Tap Create an Apple ID for a Child given at the bottom of the screen.
5. Tap Next on the top right of your screen.
6. Enter your child’s birthday using the date picker.
7. Tap Next given on the top right of your screen.
8. Tap Agree on the bottom right of the screen after you read the Parent Privacy Disclosure.
9. Enter the security code for the payment method you have on file. This is to verify that you’re the legal guardian of the child.
10. Enter the child’s first and last name.
11. Tap Next.
12. Enter name of your child. According to the name you will be given an email id. This email address will become the Apple ID for your child.
13. Tap Next.
14. If you want to make some changes to your email id you should do it here. You cannot change it afterward.
15. Now tap Next and tap
16. Now you need to created password for your Kids apple id and next you need to set security questions and answers.
17. Tap next and turn on “Ask to buy feature”
18. As an additional feature, you can also turn on share location this will share location of your child.
That’s it you have successfully created and set up apple account for your kid.
If you want to convert an existing apple id to An Apple id for child, then you can also do that by following these steps.
1. Make sure the account is a member of your Family Sharing group. If not, add it to your Family Sharing group
2. Go to the website appleid.apple.com and sign into your child’s existing Apple ID.
3. Click Edit given next to the Account section.
4. Change the birthday in the BIRTHDAY field, modify it in a way the age become below 13 years.
5. Click Done on the upper right.
That’s it you have created child’s Apple id. Please note that once you have marked the age below 13 years you will not be able to change it later.
So now you can let you kids to play with the gadget without worrying about what they can see. If you face any issue in following these steps or if you have any other tech related issue you can give us a call on our toll-free number which is (855) 765-6710.