While working on Internet Explorer we often see a message saying “A problem with this website has caused Internet Explorer to close and reopen this tab”. This often occurs when the Microsoft Silver light gets corrupted or out of dated. There are some other reasons too behind this problem- like when windows is trying to update drivers and the connection just drops in between.
To resolve this issue, we must ensure that the all the drivers are updated and the latest version of Silverlight is installed on our system.
What is Silverlight?
Silverlight is a powerful development tool for creating engaging, interactive user experiences for Web and mobile applications. Silverlight is a free plug-in, powered by the .NET framework and compatible with multiple browsers, devices and operating systems, bringing a new level of interactivity wherever the Web works.
Here are the quick steps to re-install Microsoft Silverlight on our system:
1. Remove the unwanted add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, select the Tools button, and then select Manage add-ons.
- Now, select the add-on you want to turn off.
- Select Disable, and then Close
2. Check for windows update for IE
- Click on the start menu and open Control panel and select “windows update”.
- Click on “Check for updates” and update Internet Explorer if prompted.
3. Uninstall Microsoft Silverlight and re-install it. If any problem occurs during uninstalling silver light (might be possible because it has already been corrupted).
4. Download and run the below mentioned link to fix the Silver light:
5. Install Latest version of Java via http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp
6. Restart the Internet explorer and it will automatically ask to Enable Java add-ons, Enable it.
7. Go to internet properties>Advance>Accelerated Graphics>Check the box (use software rendering instead of GPU rendering.)
Hope the above steps will improve your browsing experience. In case you need assistance regarding any of the above mentioned points then give us a call on our toll free number 855-765-6710 (US, Canada).