We tend to lose our TV’s remote control pretty often, or sometimes the elusive remote gets trapped in the sofa lining. Thankfully, in case you lose your Apple TV remote, there’s nothing to panic as you can locate it quite easily. Your iOS device can act as a fully functional remote to control your Apple TV.
Apple’s Remote app lets you control the second, third, and fourth-generation Apple TV, is perfect for typing into search or password fields. It is also convenient when you can’t find the Siri Remote, or just don’t feel like looking for it.
Here are the quick steps to convert your iOS device into an Apple TV remote control:
1. Launch app store and install the “Apple TV Remote” app.
2. Once it’s downloaded onto your device, open the application and tap on “Add Apple TV”.
3. Select the Apple TV that you want to use with your iPhone or iPad.
4. A four-digit code will appear on your television screen. Enter in this number into the app.
5. After that, your iOS device will be paired with your Apple TV and you can instantly begin to control the set-top box using your iOS device. The app is loaded with all basic features including the trackpad, Home button, Menu button, Play/Pause button, and the Siri button. What it doesn’t have, are the dedicated volume buttons.
6. The physical volume bottoms on your iOS device can easily control the volume of your televisions speakers, but only If you have an HDMI-CEC setup. Otherwise, the volume buttons on your iPhone or iPad won’t do this, unfortunately.
7. Other than that, that’s pretty much all there is to the Apple TV remote app. Again, it’s pretty basic and there’s not much to it.
You may also like: How to Use ‘Do Not Disturb’ Mode on Your iPhone?
NOTE: If you can’t set up the Apple TV Remote app, here’s what you should check:
- Check that your Apple TV and iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch are connected on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Make sure that you have the latest software for your devices and your Apple TV Remote app.
If you still face any trouble then feel free to call us on our toll free number 855-765-6710 (US, Canada) so that our tech experts can resolve your queries.