We often take screenshots on our iPhone and iPad to share what we see on our screens. Similarly, you can also record your screen and share it for various purposes with your contacts. The best part about this function is you can do it without any third party app. Here is how you can do this.
- iPhone or an iPad running on iOS 8 or later.
- Lightning cable (Data cable for iPhone/iPad
- Mac running on OS X Yosemite
Also read: How to Backup iPhone Notes?
Let us begin the process.
- Connect you iPhone to your Mac using lightning cable and unlock the screen. Tap on trust whenever it is prompted. Make it sure that you are able to see your device on iTunes.
- Now launch QuickTime player on your Mac using spotlight search or by clicking launch pad icon on your dock. Which is inbuilt in Mac OS X Yosemite. Screen recording feature is not available for QuickTime player for windows.
- Click on the file menu given on the top right of quick time player click on the first option “New Movie recording”
- This will open webcam on your Mac and a windows will open on which you will find recording options.
- Click on the dropdown next to recording button you will see your apple device listed there.
- Screen of your device will appear on your Mac to record the video you need to click on the record button and you will see that time and size has started increasing on the recording window. Do something which you want to record. A video will be recorded on your Mac.
- When you are done with the recording you can click on the stop button. After this go to File>Save to save the video. Now you can share this video on YouTube or everywhere you want.
You may also like: How to connect iPhone to MAC without using cable?
This is how you can record your problem or can guide other to troubleshoot their issues by sharing the video. If you want to record screen on your Mac, you can directly click on New screen recording instead of new movie recording.
If have any other such tech related issue you can give us a call on our toll free number which is (855) 765-6710. One of our technicians will help you to resolve the issue. You can also describe your issues in an email. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.