Maildrop is one incredible feature offered by Mac, becomes of great help especially when you need to attach multiple files at a time. It used to be a tedious task earlier when we had to attach each and every single file and had to watch out the file size constraints too! Thanks to Mac’s Maildrop as now size limitation on your attachment is a thing of the past, since you can send files as large as 5GB.
However, just like the iOS mail app, Maildrop is also not that popular amongst users. But it offers some useful features which can minimize your time and efforts.
Must read: How to Stream Your Mac’s Audio via AirPlay?
Here are the quick steps you need to follow for sending large files from you Mac:
- Click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your Mac’s screen.
- Select System Preferences from the drop down menu.
- Click on iCloud.
- Sign into your iCloud account if you aren’t already.
That’s all folks! We don’t require any configurations or set up in order to use Mail Drop. As long as you’re signed in to your iCloud account your Mac will handle the rest!
How to use the Markup Feature?
Markup is customizing tool in Maildrop which lets you add text, drawings, shapes, and even signatures to your attachments. It’s helpful when you need to draw attention to a specific part of the document or if you feel like adding a personal touch to your files.
Using it is super easy as well! Here are the quick steps:
- Just drag and drop your file into the “New Message” window. As soon as you file appears on the screen, hover your cursor over the image until you see a small down arrow shaped icon.
- Click on that button and choose “Markup” option from the pop-up menu. Your image will automatically appear on an extended window. (Refer below snapshot)
- Once you’ve made the necessary changes to your file, click “Done” in the top right corner. The image will now appear in-line embedded within your email, all pepped up with your personal markings! Just like this:
Recommended for you: How to Clear Cache Files Manually On Mac?
Maildrop isn’t that boring as you think. You just needed to dig around a little bit and you’ll see it has some pretty nifty and useful features.
But if you’re too lazy to do that, just give us a call on our toll free number 855-765-6710 (US, Canada) so that our tech experts can guide you through.