While not many of you might bother with this one, but every now and then we do feel the need to change our Windows profile picture or name. Interestingly, Windows 10 makes this even simpler for users. Here are the steps for changing user account’s display picture.
Also read: How to Delete User Account in Windows 10?
1. Press windows + I key on the keyboard. This will open settings window.
2. Now go to accounts and you will find “Create your picture” under this option click on “Browse for one”
3. Now you can choose a picture from your computer to make it your user account display picture.
4. Alternatively, you can use your web cam by clicking on camera to set a new picture to your user account.
This is how you can change the display picture for your user account for windows 10. If you have to change user name as well then follow these steps.
1. Go to control panel by typing “control panel” in start menu search box.
2. Now go to user accounts and click on change your account name.
3. Type a new account name and click on “Change Name” your user account name will be changed.
Second Method: By running lusrmgr.msc command.
1. Press windows+R key on your key board and type lusrmgr.msc in run dialog box and hit enter.
2. Now go to users and you will find all the user names listed here. Right click on a user name and click on rename. Type a new name in the box.
3. Now click anywhere else in Window and close all open windows you will find that user name has been changed.
You may also like: How to Create a Guest Account in Windows 10?
So these were some of the easiest ways to customize your user account. If you want any technical assistance in following these steps on your computer or if you have any other tech related issue you can call us on our toll free number which is (855) 765-6710.