Many tend to set a unique name for their PC and to do so you only need to follow some simple steps as illustrated below on our page. Giving your computer a unique name not only makes it identifiable, while essentially personalizing it. While some might think of this as a waste of time, there are two methods by which you can easily change the name of your Windows 10 PC.
Quick look at: How to Run Control Panel as Administrator in Windows?
Steps to Rename Windows 10 PC Name via Settings
1. Click on Start menu to open Settings.
2. From Settings App, click on System icon.
3. To see the information about your Windows 10 PC, click on About tab.
4. Now, click “Rename PC” option to launch the Rename your PC dialog box.
5. Type a new name by using a combination of letters, hyphens and numbers but avoid space and then click Next.
6. Once done, you need to restart your PC to see the changes.
Steps to Rename Windows 10 PC Name via Control Panel
You can rename your PC via Control Panel as well and it is as simple as the above given method. Here are all the steps by which you can rename your Windows 10 PC.
1. Press Windows + R simultaneously to launch Run Window.
2. Type Sysdm.cpl in the command box and then hit enter.
3. System Properties dialog box appears, click on the Change option as given under Computer Name tab to open Computer name dialog box.
4. Now, type a new name for your PC in the Computer Name Box and then press OK.
5. A new dialog box appears says that “You must restart your computer to apply these changes”. Click on OK.
6. Now click on Restart Now option.
Also check: How to Delete User Account in Windows 10?
Hope this article helped you rename your Windows 10 PC. If in case, you face any issue while performing above steps then feel free to call us 24×7 on our toll free number 855-765-6710 and get instant tech assistance or you can write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.