Roll back in time to last ten decades or twenty maybe. Were you anywhere close, around the term Fingerprint Recognition Technology? Well, of course we had few glimpses in some sci-fi movies, but except that who would have thought back then that we’ll even use this technology to password protect our cell phones. Tech advancements have outgrown magnificently and they keep surprising us with more and more innovations every single day.
Apple introduced the Touch ID technology with the iPhone 5s in 2013, and since then it has proven to be one of the most remarkable feature by integrating it right into the home button itself. It has provided users with a complete unique way of unlocking their device (which is way faster than typing in the whole passcode). Now it has become much easier to unlock our device, download apps, make purchases by just a single touch of our finger.
Also check: How to Install Beta Profile on Your iPhone?
The next section of this article covers how to activate touch ID on your iPhone and manage settings in quick & easy steps:
- Tap Settings>Touch ID & Passcode options>Enter your passcode.
- Tap “Add a Fingerprint” and hold your device normally do while pressing the home button.
- Touch the Home button with your finger—but don’t press, simply place your finger on the button. Hold it there until you feel a quick vibration, or until you’re asked to lift your finger.
- Continue to lift and rest your finger slowly, making small adjustments to the position of your finger each time.
- The next screen asks you to adjust your grip. Hold your device as you normally would while unlocking it, and touch the Home button with the outer areas of your fingertip, instead of the center portion that you scanned first.
How to Manage Touch ID Settings?
Here is how to manage the touch ID settings and add additional fingerprints on your Apple device:
- Go toSettings > Touch ID & Passcode.
- Turn Touch ID on or off for Passcode, iTunes & App Store, or Apple Pay.
- Enroll up to five fingerprints. Each new print might make fingerprint recognition take slightly longer.
- Tap a fingerprint to rename it.
- Swipe to delete a fingerprint.
- Identify a fingerprint in the list by touching the Home button. The matching print in the list will be highlighted briefly.
The process of adding a fingerprint to Touch ID is simple. You need to head over to Settings → General → Passcode & Fingerprint → Fingerprints and tap on Add Fingerprint…
Well, here is a word on accuracy in case you add multiple fingerprints on your Apple device. Irrespective of how Apple does it, Touch ID works wonders with multiple fingerprints in one slot. May be it’s because of the resolution that the Touch ID sensors have.
P.S.- It’s important to remember that you typically cannot make major changes to a device without your passcode. Like every time your restart your device, you will need to use your passcode before you can unlock the device again.
So, if you do share the device with others, there’s more incentive to enroll their finger rather than share your passcode.
Quick look: How to Set Up and Configure A New iPhone?
That’s all on setting up touch ID on your Apple device, in case you face any trouble in executing any of the above mentioned points then feel free to call us on our toll free number 855-767-6710 (US, Canada) so that our tech experts can guide you through!