Have you recently switched to android from Windows phone? Next you will need to transfer your stuff from the Windows phone to android phone. You can easily transfer your photos videos and songs using computer or Bluetooth but what about the contacts which are the most needed thing. In this article we will discuss different ways to transfer contacts between a Windows phone and an android device.
Quick look at:
Method 1: Using a computer
This is the easiest way and suitable if you are not a techy guy.
1. First of all, sync your Microsoft account with your Windows Phone to make it sure that all your phone contacts are on your Microsoft account.
2. Sign in to your Microsoft account on your computer for this you can go to the website people.live.com then press the dropdown next to Outlook, and select People.
3. Now click “Save” to store the exported contacts file “csv” on your computer.
Now you have to transfer these contacts to google account.
4. Sign-in to your Gmail account on desktop computer.
5. In the home screen of Gmail window, click the “Gmail” drop-down arrow on the top left of the screen, and choose “Contacts”.
6. In Contacts page, click “More” menu and select “Import”.
7. Now click the “Choose File” button.
8. Navigate to the location where you saved the Windows Live Contacts file (OutlookContacts.csv) previously imported and open it.
9. Lastly, click the “Import” button and wait until the import process is completed.
Now you have your windows phone contacts on your Google account. Simply you need to sync contacts on your android phone here is how you can do this.
1. On the Android phone, go to “Settings” > “Accounts and Sync” or “Settings” > “Accounts”.
2. Under “Manage Accounts“, select (or “Add“) the Google account On which you have imported contacts.
3. Next tap sync contacts or click on sync symbol
After the sync is complete you will find your contacts on your android phone.
Method 2: Using Bluetooth
In this method you will not require a computer and this is also an easy method to transfer contacts but before proceeding further you have to transfer sim contacts to phone.
1. Swipe left on the home screen on your windows phone you will see “Transfer my data” if you do not find it you can search it by typing in the search box.
2. Next you have to make sure that Bluetooth on the receiver android device is turned on and it is discoverable.
3. Next you will see a screen like this on your windows phone. Tap on continue
4. On the next screen choose contacts and turn on Bluetooth after paring both the devices via Bluetooth your contacts will start to get transferred.
You may also like: How to Move Data from Android to iPhone?
These were two of the easiest methods to transfer contacts from windows phone to an android. You can also import contacts from memory card. On windows phone you can export all the contacts to memory card and it will be a .vcf file. Next you can put this vsf file to your android phone and can import contacts from there.
Hopefully this article helped you to smoothly transfer your data to Android device. If you are looking for a solution of any other tech related issue you can call us on our toll free number which is (855) 765-6710. We will be happy to help you.