You might’ve noticed that as soon as you connect to Wi-Fi, phone applications start getting updated automatically. Undoubtedly, updates to an app come with various improved features and bug fixes making them really important. But sometimes you do not want to get these updates since you might be using a public network. These updates will not only slow down internet speed but can be extremely time consuming. Therefore, it becomes essential for you to know how to turn them off. Here we will learn how to turn this function off for both iOS and Android devices.
See Also: How to Set Up a New Android Phone?
For android devices
- Open google play app on your android device and tap on the 3 dot icon.
- Go to settings
- A new window will open where you’ll find three Options.
- Do not auto update apps (this option will allow you to manually update apps as per your convenience)
- Auto update apps at any time data charges may apply. (This will start updating apps as soon as an update is available for them no matter your phone is connected to Wi-Fi or through mobile data)
- Auto update apps over Wi-Fi only. (this will start updating apps automatically when you are connected to Wi-Fi)
- After saving these settings you will be notified whenever an update is available for any of the installed apps. You can install updates by going to play store and taping update all option under My apps.
These settings will help you to save mobile data and to set priority of the work you want to do once you get your device connected to the internet. Also, if you do not like the features in updated version, you could stick to the older one.
You can also change app update settings in iOS here are the steps for the same.
- Go to settings and tap on iTunes and App store. See Also: How to connect iPhone to a PC or MAC without using cable
- Inside settings you will find two options.
- You will only be able to manually update the apps, once this feature is turned off.
- If this option is turned on, then applications will be updated automatically over Wi-Fi.
- Next you can turn off Use Mobile Data feature. This will stop apps updating automatically on mobile data.
Whenever you want to update apps you can simply go to app store and can tap on update option given in front of app. You can also tap on update all apps to update all in one tap.
This article will definitely help you to save your mobile data. If you are having any other issues related to your smartphones or computers, we are always here to help you. You can give us a call on our toll free number (855) 765-6710 and our technicians will address all your tech related quires.