Have you recently bought a new iPhone? It is an amazing smartphone with incredible features. When firing it up for the first time you might need to personalize it and set it up with your apple id. In this article we will discuss a step- by-step process to set up your new iPhone.
1. Turn your device on. As soon as you will turn on your device you will see a welcome screen that says ‘hello’ in several languages. If you have vison problems, you can select turn on voice over or zoom from hello screen itself.
2. Select your country and language. In the next step you will be asked to choose your country and language from the list.
3. Activation of your device: You need to connect to a Wi-Fi network, cellular network, and then to iTunes to activate and continue setting up your device. Either tap on Wi-Fi or cellular data after inserting the SIM card. From the next step you can decide to choose location service.
4. Create a passcode or set up a touch id (iPhone 5s or later): You can use touch id in some features where you can unlock with the figure. If you are setting up a touch id you must set up a passcode because in case if touch id is not working you can unlock your phone using passcode. By taping on passcode options you can choose a 4-digit passcode or no passcode.
5. Transferring information or data from other smartphone. If you were using a smartphone before, you can easily transfer your data from old phone to new. If you have your back up set ready on iCloud or on iTunes, you can restore the data. If you were using an android device previously you can simply tap on “Move data from android device”. Here is the detailed procedure to move data from android to iOS.
If you do not want to restore anything simply choose ‘Set up as new iPhone’.
6. Signing in with apple id and setting up iCloud: Next, you must enter your apple id and set up iCloud drive. If you already have an apple id you can enter it here or you can create a new one. There will be a list of applications for which apple id will be used. Once you have logged in with an apple id you will be prompted to accept terms and conditions.
7. Set up Siri: Siri is the voice assistant provided by apple it understands voice commands on some devices it may ask you to speak a phrase so that Siri can understand your voice. You can also choose from male or female voice assistant.
8. Customize the click of your Home button: if you are setting up iphone7 or iphone7 plus you will get an option to set how your home button will respond. Just tap an option from 1,2 and 3 to give it a try. If you want, you can customize these settings later.
9. Choose display settings: In the next step you can select from two display settings. One is zoomed and the other one is standard. Zoomed shows larger text and controls while standard fits more on screen.
Congratulations: Your new iPhone is ready to use now and you will be on the home screen in the next step. Your new iPhone is loaded with new iOS 10 which comes with amazing features and here is a quick guide to use them.
If you need any kind of technical assistance regarding Smartphones, tablets and computers you can call us on our toll free number which is (855) 765-6710.