We often connect our iPhone to iTunes to transfer data from a computer or a MAC, but by default it automatically start backing up your device. It is good to back up your phone to prevent data loss. In case you have connected your phone to your friend’s computer or if you want to move your back up from the computer as you have got a new one and you will not use the old one. Back up can be deleted or can be moved in few simple steps. In this article we will discuss how can you move your back up sets and how can you delete them if they are no longer required.
Moving iPhone backup from one computer to another: To do this first of all you have to find a backup set available on your computer and then you can move it. Here is how this can be done.
- If you are using a Windows computer go to run dialog box by pressing Windows + R key on your key board.
- Now type %appdata% in run dialog box and hit enter. You will find app data folder open in front of you.
- Now go to Apple Computer > MobileSync > Backup here is the back up of your iPhone.
- Do not rename or extract any files from this back up. If you want to move it to another location, you can simply copy the whole back up folder and move it to the other computer via flash drive.
- On another computer replace back up folder with the one you just copied on your pen drive and it is done.
Deleting an old back up via iTunes: This Method can only be used to delete backup from computer taken via iTunes.
- Open iTunes on the computer and go to Edit>preferences.
- Now click on devices tab you will find your iPhone backup listed here.
- You can delete a backup by clicking on it and by clicking delete backup
This is how you can protect your privacy by managing your backup sets stored on iTunes. If you are looking for the solution of any other tech related issue you can call us on out toll free number which is 855) 765-6710