Whenever we need to prepare a report or document of any sort, Microsoft Word is the only application we can trust. However, many business professionals first prepare the report document and then re-write the entire text body on power point for slideshows and presentations. If you want to save yourself from this hassle, this article will explain how you can convert word documents to PowerPoint presentations.
Follow these steps to get started:
- Open the word document then click File> Open and prepare your write-up.
- Now, to let power point know on what basis the text needs to be divided on each slide, make separate titles for each paragraph.
- Switch to the Home tab on the upper-left corner side of menu and navigate to the “Styles” menu.
- Highlight all the titles and format it as “Heading1”. Don’t miss out any title as this is how Power point will figure out when to switch to a new slide.
- Similarly, format the slide content as “Heading 2”.
- Add sub contents (if any) as “Heading 3” format.
- Hit enter before each new title to create a fair outline of your power point presentation.
- Customize the size and color of the text (if required) and then save your document.
- Now head on to File>Options. A new window will appear, switch to “Quick Access toolbar”.
- Select “All Commands” under the “Choose Commands from:” menu.
- Scroll down through the alphabetically listed commands until you find “Send to Microsoft PowerPoint.” Click on “add> > “.
- Click OK in the bottom right corner. Now, a small button will appear in the upper left corner of word that lets you send the document to PowerPoint.
- Customize PowerPoint presentation as per your requirement if you need to add any animations and transitions or edit the text.
When you send the Word document to PowerPoint, all of the text that you have formatted using the Heading 1 style becomes the header of a new slide. All Heading 2 text becomes bullet points under its respective Heading 1 style. Likewise, all Heading 3 text becomes bullet points under its respective Heading 2 styles.
Well, isn’t it simple? You can easily convert a word document to PowerPoint in just a few clicks. Word and PowerPoint altogether provide us a wide variety of features which can ease down and simplify our tedious tasks.
In case you face any trouble in executing any of the above points then feel free to contacts us on our toll free number 855-765-6710 (US, Canada) so that our tech experts can guide you through.