Screenshots are the quickest way of saving our data instantly, be it mailbox, pictures or videos. Thus providing ease of access in almost any corner of the system. They help us capture a JPG(Jpeg) snapshot of an application window or your entire screen in a fraction of seconds without any third party software. Whether you are tech savvy or not, need to capturing screenshots can arise almost at any time; while attaching a reference with email, sending a picture to friend at IM, or at work.
This article covers various tips how you can capture snapshots from your Windows 10 PC:
Check now: How to Create a Guest Account in Windows 10?
Method 1: Quick Snapshots with Print Screen button
This is one of the easiest (a little old school too!) methods to take a screenshot. Print Screen button on the keyboard can take a screenshot and copy it to your clipboard. You can then paste the screenshot on MS Paint and save it as a Jpeg or PNG image. It is generally named as “PrtScn” or “PrintScr” or something similar to this. On laptop keyboards, you may have to press the “Function” or “Fn” key to access the Print Screen feature. Here are the quick steps to take a screen shot via print screen button:
1. Press “Print Screen” button on your keyboard to capture your screen.
2. A screenshot of your display is now copied to the clipboard.
3. Now open any image editor of your choice and press the “Control+ V” key to paste the respective screen shot.
4. Save the file at any specific location where you like.
5. You can also crop the image a little with the help of the inbuilt cropper in MS Paint.
In case you want to save the screen shots directly to a respective folder then follow these steps:
1. Press the “Windows + Print Screen” key from your keyboard.
2. The screenshot will then appear as a file in a folder entitled “Screenshots”, inside your default “Pictures” folder.
Method 2: Snipping Tool
Snipping tool has been one of the oldest support backup solution for cropping and capturing screen shots on Windows. Snipping tool can take screenshots of an open window, rectangular area, a free-form area, or the entire screen. You can annotate your snips with different colored pens or a highlighter, save it as an image or MHTML file, or email it to a friend.
To create a snippet, you need to follow steps mentioned as follows-
1. Click on Start button, search for “Snipping tool” and hit enter.
2. Now click on “New” to select the type of snippet you want to create. You can choose from one of four types of snip: free-form, rectangular, window, and full-screen.
3. The screen will freeze and fade out so you can create your snip. If you chose window or full-screen, it will just capture the snip immediately.
4. Simply drag your mouse cursor to select the particular screen area of your choice. This will automatically be copied to the Snipping tool’s clipboard.
5. You can save your file at any desired location.
Method 3: Game Bar
The Game Bar generates screenshots in PNG format, and saves them in “C:\Users\[your username]\Videos\Captures.” To capture a Screenshot via Game bar, follow these quicks steps:
1. Launch the Xbox app and open settings.
2. Under “Game DVR”, toggle “Take screenshots using Game DVR,” and assign whatever keyboard shortcuts you want.
3. Next time use the assigned shortcut key combination whenever you want to capture a screenshot.
4. Tap “Yes, this is a game” box if prompted. Now press the “Camera icon” or “Win + Alt + PrtScn” to take a screenshot.
5. You will see a notification saying “Screenshot saved.” If you click or tap on the notification, it will open to “Xbox > Game DVR > On this PC” to see it.
Hope you learned how to take screenshots in Windows 10. In case you face any trouble in performing any of the above mentioned steps then feel free to call us on our toll free number 855-765-6710 (US, Canada) so that our tech experts can guide you through.