Notes are an essential part of iPhone. The days of using diary and pen are now long gone—fortunate thanks to the notes app. Now we can jot down any important stuff no matter where we are. Notes are most handy when it comes to recording important bits of data.
But people often face a problem when mistakenly all their notes get deleted. To save you from this chaos we are posting various ways by which you can back up all your notes, so that you don’t miss out your important data.
You can backup notes via iCloud and Gmail. Both the methods are discussed in detail below:
1. Backup Notes to iCloud
Apple introduced iCloud, its wireless backup and syncing solution makes backing up your notes a safe and seamless procedure. Here’s how to do it:
Also read: How to Transfer Music from iPhone to iCloud?
- Tap on Settings and navigate to iCloud > Storage & Backup. Under Backup, make sure to enable iCloud Backup option.
- By default, all your important information, including notes, will be enabled to back up every time your iPhone is locked, plugged to a power source and connected to the internet.
Now open the Notes app. All the notes listed under “On My iPhone” are stored locally on your device. To move any of these notes to iCloud, tap on “Notes”, or on another folder under “On My iPhone” containing set of notes which you want to backup.
- Click on “Edit” in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Select the set of notes that you need to move to iCloud. If you need to move all of em’ then tap on move all option.
2. Backup Notes to Gmail
Most of us already know that you can sync your Google emails, calendars and contacts with your iPhone using Google Sync. But do you know you can also sync your iPhone notes with your Gmail account? Here are the quick steps:
You may also like:3 Easy ways to Export iPhone Contacts to Gmail
- On your Home screen, tap on Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account. Select “Gmail”.
- Fill in your name, full email address, Gmail password and description. Then make sure to turn Notes on.
Alternatively, you can open a note and tap the share button in the lower left corner. This will provide options to Message, Email, Copy or Print the note currently being viewed.
Yes, it’s done! If you follow the above steps your iPhone notes will be successfully backed up. Still in case if you face any trouble then feel free to contact us on our toll free number 855-765-6710 (US, Canada) so that our tech experts can guide you through.