Advanced computer users love to do things with keyboard instead of mouse. Of course it is simple to do things with the help of keyboard. For example, if you want to copy and paste, simply pressing Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V is always the easiest method. Similarly, we use our web browser with lots of extensions installed to make our tasks easier. However, these extensions can also be assigned keyboard shortcuts to make your work even quicker.
The good news is that google chrome has and inbuilt feature which allows you to add custom keyboard shortcuts to Google Chrome extensions. That means you can assign shortcuts to multiple extensions and control them via keyboard. Here is how you can do this.
- 5 Simple Solutions to Free up Disk Space on Windows
- How to Disable Plugins, Add-ons, Extensions in Google Chrome
1. Click on the three dots given at the top right then go to More tools>Extensions.
2. You will be on the extensions page of the google chrome. Scroll down to the bottom and click on Keyboard shortcuts.
3. Next you will see a scree like this where you can add shortcuts to the extensions.
While assigning the shortcuts you need to press and hold either alt or ctrl key with any key you are assigning as a shortcut.
4. You will see the assigned shortcut in front of “Activate the extension” Now click Ok and close the settings of chrome. You have successfully assigned shortcut to extension.
5. Next whenever you will press the shortcut assigned to a specific extension you will see all the options of the extension.
You may also like:
- How to Delete & Organize Bookmarks from Web browser?
- How to Set Default Web Browser in Windows and Mac?
So now keyboard shortcuts can also be used with google chrome extensions. If you have any other tech related issue or if you are looking for the solution of any other technical issue you can call us on our toll free number, which is (855) 765-6710.