“Your PC is running out of Disk Space”. This is one message that gives stress-attack to almost every Windows user. As data is getting larger in size day by day, so is our need for additional storage space. The good news is you can probably free up a lot of space on your PC running Windows by following the tips here. But still if you keep getting messages about low drive space, you might want to consider other options, including adding additional removable storage.
So here are some ways by which you can minimize the cluttering storage space of your Windows PC.
1. Disk Cleanup
Disk Clean up in one inbuilt tool by Windows that helps us get rid of temporary files and other insignificant data. To access the Disk clean up follow the below steps:
- In the General tab, click on the Disk cleanup button.
- Open “My Computer” and right click on any of the hard drives to select “Properties”.
- Select the types of files you want to delete and click OK. This will include Temporary Files, Log files, recycle bin trash etc.
- In order to clear the system files, you need to click on “Clean Up system files” option.
- Now, under the “More Options” tab and use the“Clean up” button under ‘System Restore and Shadow Copies’ to delete system restore data. This button deletes all but the most recent restore point, so ensure your computer is working properly before using it.
2. Un-install Spacious Applications
There are some programs which occupy a lot of disk space on our Windows. We can easily check the size of the application/program and un-install it if it is taking unnecessary storage space of our system. Here are the quick steps to check the size of application and the un-installation process:
- Navigate to Control Panel>Programs>Uninstall or remove a program. (Alternatively, you can also search for it in the start menu).
- Click the Size column to see just how much space each program installed on your computer is using.
- If you’re using Windows 10, you can also open the new PC Settings and go to System -> Apps & features.
- Hit the un-install button to get rid of any program or application.
3. System Restore
You can reduce the amount of disk space allotted to System Restore by following these steps:
- Open Control Panel >System and Security > System and click on System
- Next, under Protection Settings, click to select theSystem Disk and then click Configure.
- Here click on ‘Deleteall restore points (this includes system settings and previous versions of files).
You May Also Like: How to Convert Word Document to PowerPoint Presentation?
4. Get rid of Duplicate files
Our system often gets occupied by a bunch of duplicate files which eat up a lot of storage space. Finding and deleting then one by one can be a time consuming task. Fortunately, we have a power packed tool to perform this operation which lets us delete all the duplicate files effortlessly. You can easily get rid of all duplicate files of your system by using Duplicate Files Fixer tool and recover a huge amount of disk space in few seconds.
You can download the Duplicate Files Fixer via this link: Click here to Download
5. Delete browser Cache
While using system, as most of our time is spent on the internet, it results in piling up a lot of browser cache data in the memory. Whether you use Chrome, IE or Mozilla Firefox, your browser is saving probably a gig or more of temporary files in the background. We should occasionally clean our browser cache or reset browser settings to free up a considerable amount of storage space.
Read More on resetting browser settings explained for all the common browsers in this link.
In case you get stuck at any point then feel free to call us on our toll free number 855-765-6710 (US, Canada) so that our tech experts can guide you through.
We’ll be glad to assist you!