Having late night conversations with our friends is enticing, but our hands often get tired while holding our smartphones for prolonged hours. Wouldn’t be convenient if we could access our entire WhatsApp chats from our PC or desktop. Imagine, it can also save you from the trouble of rechecking your phone again and again while you are working on your system. WhatsApp Web is a magical solution to all your problems as you can easily access your WhatsApp account from your system and concentrate on a single digital screen at a moment.
Initially, this facility was only offered by Bluestack which is an android emulator tool for running WhatsApp on PC but this was only limited to android users. On the contrary, WhatsApp web is accessible for android and iOS users as well.
This article covers step by step instructions on how to use WhatsApp on your PC without phone-
Here are the quick steps to start using WhatsApp web from your PC/Desktop/laptop-
1. Open any preferred web browser of your choice- Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Safari etc. and launch the website link:
2. Now, open your WhatsApp mobile app from your smart phone.
3. Head on to settings where you find an option of WhatsApp Web. For example, if you own an iOS device tap Settings, then click on WhatsApp Web/Desktop.
4. A new screen will appear, here you need to scan the code which appears on the WhatsApp web desktop to link it with your smart phone.
5. To scan the QR code, simply hold your smartphone and adjust the position so it scans the QR code on desktop. (It’s just like how you click pictures via camera app)
6. As soon as WhatsApp reads the QR code, your smart phone will get synced with desktop and entire chat history will appear on your desktop instantly. Start connecting with your friends right away!
What all you can do with WhatsApp Web?
Not simply texting, but here a bunch of tasks that you can perform via WhatsApp web:
- Access All media files (Photos, videos and audio). You can even download all media files to your system directly.
- Start a new conversation with friends or existing contacts.
- View Contact info/group info.
- Share photos from your desktop directly.
- You can even mute new message notification alert sound.
Well, here is a list of few limitations you can’t perform via WhatsApp web:
- You cannot change you profile picture.
- You cannot block users directly through the web interface.
- You cannot leave an existing group chat conversation.
- You need to manually select the desired emoji icon, as they are not mapped with the keyboard.
A word on Security
Anyone who uses your system can access your WhatsApp conversations, so to avoid this surely remember to logout your account from the desktop application. Simply press on the thee-dot icon and select “Logout”.
If you forget to log out of WhatsApp Web on a computer that’s not yours, or you suspect someone has accessed your account, you can log out of all active sessions by visiting the same settings page you used to scan the QR Code.
In case you face any trouble in activating WhatsApp Web on your system then feel free to contacts us on our toll free number 855-767-6710(US, Canada) so that our tech experts can guide you through the process.