The updated iOS 10 is loaded with tons of new features that enhances several key functionalities in devices. Reportedly, some features are not working properly and experiencing minor issues. However, all these issues can be solved with some simple tweaks. So if you have recently updated iOS 10 and are facing issues with your device, here are some tips to troubleshoot them.
List of Most Common Problems faced by Users in iOS 10 and its Solution
- Software Update Failed Error
Some users are facing this error while updating to a new iOS firmware. This problem occurs in previous versions as well. When iPhone users try to upgrade the version then a pop-up appears onscreen saying “An error occurred downloading iOS 10”. Here is the solution for this problem –
- If you see this error message, then tap on close and try again.
- You can also upgrade iOS 10 using iTunes. For this simply plug-in your device to your PC and launch iTunes> Click on Summary Tab> Select update.
- If above solutions are not working, then you can use IPSW File to upgrade to iOS 10. Go to iOS 10 download page by simply connecting your iPhone or iPad to your Computer, launch iTunes> Click on Summary Tab> Hold Shift Key in Windows or Alt/Option Key on Mac > Click on “Restore iPhone” button> Scroll and select iOS 10 IPSW file as downloaded earlier.
- Reinstallation of iOS will now start on your device and once completed, you can restore your backup data and files.
- No Service after upgrading to iOS 10
Some people are also facing an issue where their iPhone shows No Service after upgrading to iOS 10. So, if you are also facing this issue then you can follow these simple steps as illustrated below –
- First of all, go to Settings > Tap on Cellular Data > Turn it ON.
- Check whether you have any pending carrier updates in your iPhone as it may have caused this problem.
- Try taking the sim card out and reinsert it after 10 seconds.
- If all else fails, you can reset iPhone Network Settings to fix this issue. Tap on Settings > General > Reset Network Settings. Now, check whether your iPhone Cellular Service is turned on or not.
- Battery Draining Rapidly
- Some users have noticed that while updating to the latest iOS firmware the battery drains rapidly. To fix this, check battery usage first by launching Settings and tap on Battery. It will show battery usage of all apps and services. You can also check battery usage in the last 24 hours or last 4 days by selecting tabs accordingly. You can also tap on clock icon to find out the average time you spend on a particular app and also how much time apps run in background.
- After seeing Battery usage just disable Background App Refresh by Launch Settings > General > Background App Refresh > turn off for apps. This should possibly take care of unusual battery drain in your iPhone.
- Not receiving New Emails Notifications
Many iOS 10 users have also noticed that they aren’t receiving New Mails in Mail App. To fix this error, you need to remove your email accounts and add them back. Follow the below steps to do so –
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll Down and Select Mail.
- Select Accounts.
- List of all accounts will be shown there, scroll till the end and click on “Sign Out” option.
- Once you’ve removed them, go back to Accounts list and then add account.
- Select your Email provider and enter your credentials.
Now check whether your Mail App receives New mails or not. Hopefully your problem should be solved by now.
- Bluetooth is not Working
This is also a very common problem in iPhone and it still persists in iOS 10. This issue can be resolved very easily by simply resetting network settings. To reset network settings follow these steps –
- Open Settings.
- Tap on General.
- Scroll down till the last and select Reset.
- Tap on Reset Network Settings.
- Now, enter your device passcode if any.
- To conform, press Reset Network Settings Tab.
By following these steps, the network settings come back to the factory default and it will fix the Bluetooth Connectivity Issues.
- iMessage Effects are not Working
iMessage Effects is the most amazing new feature in iOS 10 as you can communicate with your friends via Messages App. Now wish your dear ones on iMessage on their special day and it will put cool effects in it. But, sometimes iMessage Effects are not working then to fix this issue you can follow these fixes.
Disable Reduce Motion
- Go to Settings and Select General.
- Open Accessibility.
- Choose Reduce Motion option.
- Disable it by clicking on it.
Now, go to iMessage and check whether it is showing the effects or not. If not, then try another solution to resolve this issue.
Turn Off iMessage & again turn it on
- Open Settings.
- Scroll Down and open messages.
- Turn Off iMessage.
- Now, turn it on and check again.
Hopefully, these solutions will fix this problem.
- Installed Apps Start Crashing
There’s nothing worse than frequently crashing apps and Many iOS 10 users are facing this issue. To stop this, try these simple solutions.
- Check, that the apps are updated to the latest version or not. Go to App Store > Open Updates Tab > See available updates for the app.
- Also, to fix this issue just uninstall the app and then reinstall it.
Read Also: How to Find Your Lost Smartphone?
- Wi-Fi Connectivity Issues
If Wi-Fi stopped working or gets disconnected often then try these solutions to fix this issue –
- Reset Network Settings by launching Settings > General > Scroll Down and Select Reset > Tap on Reset Network Settings > Enter passcode if any > Tap on Reset Network Settings to confirm it.
- You can try Force Restart Method by simply holding Power Button and Home Button at the same time for 10 seconds, until the phone restarts.
- Disable Wi-Fi Networking Services by Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services.
There are lot more solutions but you can try these simple solutions to rectify this error.
- Touch ID stops working
After upgrading to iOS 10, you will enjoy this cool feature as well. Touch ID unlocks your phone within a second. But, some users are not able to configure it properly. Follow these steps to configure Touch ID on iOS 10-
- Open Settings > Touch ID and Passcode > Enter Passcode. Select use touch for Phone Lock or iTunes and App Store. So, turn off iTunes & App Store and reboot the device. Now, again turn it on and check the problem is resolved or not.
- You may need to remove or rescan your fingerprints. To do so Launch Settings > Scroll Down and Select Touch ID and Passcode > the list of fingerprints is given > Tap on the fingerprint to delete it > Restart your device. Now, again go back to settings and try it once.
- Alarms stop working
If you are unable to set alarms in your iPhone after the update, just open the Clock App > Go to Alarms > Set your Alarms > Click edit button as given on the top > Delete all previous set alarms >close app > reopen it and again set alarms.
We hope the above tips and tricks have helped resolve several problems you might be facing after the update. For further assistance, you can always call our tech experts on our toll free number 855-765-6710 or write to us at email@example.com.