SIP is necessary to protect system files and processes of Mac OS X El Captain. This is the best and most useful feature to keep your track records safe and secure. Therefore, it is important that SIP should always be turned on.
Click here to read about How to Create and Delete User in Mac OS X?
What is System Integrity Protection (SIP)?
System Integrity Protection or SIP a necessary step to ensure high level of data security. This feature comprises of a number of mechanisms that are enforced by kernel.
It ensures that all kernel drivers are properly marked so always keep SIP on as if you off this feature then you will lose the protection.
There is a root account for all the Mac users so that they can keep full access to the entire operating system. After gaining root permission you can modify and delete any file by simply entering the set password.
SIP feature is switched on by default, but if not, then you can turn it on any time by following the method given below –
- Click on the Utilities menu and select “Terminal” to open a terminal window.
- Type “csrutil status” and press enter to check the status.
If SIP is Enabled, then you will receive a message that “System Integrity Protection status: enabled” and if it is Disabled then you will get this message “System Integrity Protection status: Disabled”.
Steps to enable SIP on your Mac
- Click on the Apple logo as available on the top-left corner on the Mac’s Menubar.
- Click on Restart.
- Now, hold Command + R keys during the reboot to enter Recovery Mode.
- Launch terminal as given under Utilities Menu.
- Type “csrutil enable” to turn on SIP.
- Reboot your Mac again.
Steps to Disable SIP on your Mac
- Click on the Apple Icon.
- Restart your Mac.
- Now press Command + R to boot into the Recovery System.
- Next, click on the Utilities Tab to choose Terminal.
- Type “csrutil disable” and press return tab.
- Close the terminal window.
- Again click on Apple menu and select restart to reboot your Mac.
If you are facing trouble while performing these steps, then you can call us on our toll free number 855-765-6710 and you even can write to us at email@example.com. We will be happy to help you!