Your iPhone camera might be one of the most used functions in your phone. But with all the clicking frenzy, users sometimes face an annoying problem. “Your storage is almost Full! “message that keeps popping on our screen every time we unlock our iPhone can effectively haunt you for ages. Since iPhones still lack an expandable storage, it can become a major problem for those using the 16 GB model. As iPhone camera’s picture quality results in considerably larger sized pictures, they will occupy a larger amount of space as compared to other phones.
So here is a step by step illustration how you can easily transfer your camera roll pictures to PC/Mac and save yourself from annoying storage troubles.
The process for transferring your pictures to your Windows Pc is as simple as copying it from a flash USB drive.
- Connect your iPhone to the PC via USB cable and wait till the system detects it.
- As soon as you iPhone is detected one auto play option will appear on the screen.
- You might be asked to unlock your phone if it is passcode enabled. Select “Trust this computer and proceed to the next step.
- Click import pictures/videos to open your iPhone folder where all your pictures are saved.
- Once the folder gets opened, simply select then drag and drop all the image files and save them to your PC.
- Once you are done saving the pictures to your system, you can delete those from the camera roll to free up some storage space.
If you are using a Mac, then you can use the iPhoto app to transfer your pictures and videos. iPhoto is a computerized photo control application designed especially for Mac devices. Here are the quick steps to import pictures.
- Connect your iPhone to Mac with a USB cable.
- You might need to unlock your iOS device using your passcode. You might also see a prompt on the iOS device asking you to Trust This Computer. Tap Trust to continue.
- Launch the iPhoto app.
- Select photos from your iPhone camera roll.
- Then, click on import and select the number of photos which you want to transfer.
Hope this article helped you in learning how to backup your important pictures and videos to your system. This will surely help you in freeing up some storage space from your iPhone so it doesn’t get overloaded with data.
In case you face any issue in executing any of the above steps then feel free to call us on our toll free number 855-765-6710 (US, Canada) to seek instant tech assistance.