Setting up a default web browser on your system can ensure a hassle free working, because even if you have more than one web browsers installed on your system, then any links that you click will automatically be redirected to you default browser.
Here is how to set up default browsers in various Windows versions:
- Click on the WindowsStart Button and in the search field type “Default”. In the search results select Default Programs, click on it to open the Default Programs
- At the default programs screen, click on theSet your default programs
- A screen will open that lists all the installed programs that can be configured as some sort of default in Windows. Select the web browser that you wish to be the default Windows web browser and click onSet this program as default
- Click OKbutton to exit the Control Panel.
Windows 10 users shall follow the below steps to set default browser on their system:
- Click the Start Button in the lower left corner of your main Windows screen.
- Next you will see an entry at the top of the Start Menu that saysChoose a default web browser.
- That will open up theSettings>System>Default apps area with the Web browser option selected.
- In the resulting pop up menu just click on your preferred browser.
- Once you have selected your preferred browser it will now show as the default.
- Close the window once you are done.
Mac users can follow the below steps to set default browser on their system:
- Launch Safari browser.
- From Safari menu, choose preferences.
- Switch to General tab.
- Choose your desired browser from the “Default web browser” pop-up menu.
Irrespective of what Windows version or system you own, here are some direct shortcut steps of setting default web browsers directly via Mozilla Firefox and Chrome.
How to make Firefox your default web browser?
- Click the menu button and choose options.
- Select the “General Panel” and click on “Make Default”.
- Close the All changes you’ve made will automatically be saved.
How to make Google Chrome your default web browser?
If you like how Google Chrome works, you can make it your default browser. Links you click on your computer will automatically open in Google Chrome.
- Open Settings.
- Click on “Make Chrome my Default Browser”.
- Close the window to save changes.
Read more about how to move your content from Windows PC to a new Mac?
In case you face any trouble in executing above mentioned points then, feel free to call us on our toll free number 855-767-6710 (US, Canada) so that our tech experts can guide you through.