If you are a Windows user and want to migrate from Windows PC to a New Mac, then there is a built-in tool to transfer the data. No matter what kind of PC you use you can transfer your data between different platforms. Simply use migration Assistant to copy all your essential data like documents, apps, user accounts and settings from your old PC automatically.
Migration Assistant is a utility that transfers data, user accounts, computer settings and apps from one Mac or PC to another. To launch Migration Assistant in your Mac just open utilities folder as given under Applications Folder. To launch it in Windows PC just download its app. Now, easily transfer contacts, calendars, email accounts and other important data from Windows to PC. But, it restricts transfer of the operating system of the old computer to the new one along with applications.
Try these simple steps and migrate data conveniently from your old PC to new Mac.
Steps to Migrate Your Data from your PC to a New Mac
First thing first, so connects your Mac to your PC either over the same Wi-Fi network or via Ethernet. Then, follow the steps as given below –
On your New Mac –
1. Open a Finder Window.
2. On the sidebar, click Applications.
3. Now, Double-click on the Utilities Folder.
4. Click on Migration Assistant Folder to open it.
5. Tap Continue to proceed further.
6. It will ask you that how you want to transfer your information? Click on “From a PC”.
7. Click on Continue again.
On your PC –
1. Firstly, you need to download Migration Assistant on your PC.
2. Now, launch Migration Assistant. It is only used to transfer data from one PC to your New Mac. Once launched, it will try to connect to its Mac counterpart and then you will get a security code as displayed on the screen.
3. Confirm the code in both PC or Mac.
4. Choose the files, folders, settings and other related data which you want to transfer from your PC to a new Mac.
5. Click Continue.
Moreover, there are many other ways how you can transfer data from one PC to another. You can also manually transfer the files you want in your new Mac. But that is definitely not as easy and convenient as using Migration Assistant.
If in case you face any trouble, our tech experts are always there to help you. You can call us on our toll free number 855-765-6710 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.