Finding your parked car’s whereabouts is the last thing that you want to do on a vacation. Well, thanks to the latest iOS 10 upgrade that you can now easily track your parked car. With iOS 10, Maps can mark the location of your car with a pin, so you can easily find where your car is parked.
Here are some pre-requisites to be followed to enable this feature on your iPhone.
- You need to own an iPhone 6 or later with iOS 10 loaded to use this maps feature.
- Turn ON the location services from Settings> Privacy> Location Services.
- Make sure that Frequent Locations is on. Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services > Frequent Locations > Frequent Locations.
- Turn on Show Parked Location. Go to Settings > Maps > Show Parked Location.
- Enable CarPlay or Bluetooth.
If you have fulfilled the above criteria, then here are the quick steps to set up the car parking reminder on your iPhone:
- Pair your phone with Bluetooth: If you aren’t already using your phone’s Bluetooth for playing music or making phone calls then pair your device with car’s stereo system first.
- Parked Car Reminder: Once you’ve ensured the Parked Car reminder is turned on and your phone is linked to your car, it will automatically set itself every time you park and exit your vehicle.You can easily view the parking reminder on the iOS 10 lock notification screen.
- You can view the parked car icon in maps as well:
- When you first park your car and move out, iOS will notice that you’re parked. You can immediately pull up the Parked Car feature and do several handy things. First, you can tap the “Edit Location” button, and re-position the parking marker.
Find your car
When you leave your vehicle, your iPhone disconnects from Bluetooth, which lets Maps mark the location of your car. To edit your car’s location, open Maps and tap the car icon or add a photo of where you parked.
When you’re ready to go back to your car, follow these steps:
- Open Maps.
- Tap the Search field, then choose Parked Car from the suggestions list.
- Tap Directions and choose Drive, Walk, Transit, or Ride.
- Select the route that you prefer. When you’re ready, tap GO.
How to disable car parked feature?
To remove a Parked Car pin:
- Tapthe car icon on the map.
- Then swipe up on the menu card.
- Tap Remove Car.
In this case, Maps won’t mark your parked car if you frequently park in the same location, like at home or work.
We hope you learned something new in this article! Enable the car parked feature right away so you never forget your car’s location. Next time whenever you visit the mall you don’t have to click a picture of the sign board “Floor 3: Aisle 23” to remember the complex location of your car. Your iPhone can smartly take care of that easily.
Read more about some amazing features of iOS 10 and how to use them?
In case you need any further assistance regarding the same then feel free to ring us on our toll free number 855-765-6710 (US, Canada) so that our tech experts can guide you through.