This is a very common issue faced by Windows 8 users that the tiles on start screen do not respond when you try to click on them. Therefore, in this blog we shall list all the relevant steps how you can resolve this issue.
First of all, check resolution which should be 1024×768 or higher. So make sure that the display resolution is 1024×768 or above and if not, then make the necessary changes. To change the resolution just “right-click” on the desktop and select “Screen Resolution” option.
Sometimes this will also create a problem when users completely turn-off user account control or UAC then the metro applications won’t work properly. To check this just follow the given steps –
- Click on “Control Panel”.
- Now, scroll down and click on “More Settings”.
- A new window appears, click on “User Account and Family Safety” icon.
- Now, click on “User Account”.
- Click on “Change User Account Control Settings” option.
- Make sure that you have set the settings to “Default” as shown in the figure.
- If yes, then click on “OK” button.
While using Windows Live Account as the default login then this problem can arise so if you also using it then change it to local account. Simply, create a new Windows user account and login from local account. Follow some simple steps –
- Open “Control Panel”, click on “Users” and then select “other users”.
- Now, click on “More about logon options”.
- Select “Local Account”.
- Then, fill the required details and log off your current account to sign in from new account.
Lastly, if you are still not able to resolve this issue then do install latest display drivers. If the drivers are causing problem during installation, then try to install it under compatibility mode. You will get different drivers via Windows update so try those updates whether it will work or not.
Quick look at: How to Activate Hotspot on Your Windows 8 PC?
For further assistance, you can call us on our toll free number 855-765-6710 or write us at email@example.com.