Although not a lot of people prefer to download apps from the windows store, there are times when we want check out any new or trending app. What if in this case your windows store fails to open or display its contents and the loading icon keeps on circling.
Well, you need not worry anymore as here are some quick tips to fix this issue:
Step 1: Check the Specifications
Before we proceed further make sure that your system fulfills the following specifications: –
- You have enabled UAC (User Account Control).
- You have an active internet connection to connect with store and download apps.
- Your PC’s minimum screen resolution is 1024 x 768.
- Video card driver is updated.
Step 2: Adjust Date & Time Settings
Having an incorrect date/time setting is the most common yet unnoticed thing. To adjust date/time settings follow these simple steps:
- Press Windows key + W, which opens up charms bar, type in “Date and time”.
- Select the “Change date and time”.
- Adjust the correct date and time by clicking on “Change date and time” time.
- Also adjust the exact time zone depending on your region.
Step 3: Disable the Proxy Connection
The proxy settings might be stopping the Windows store from opening. Follow these steps to disable internet proxy settings:
- Press Windows key + W, which opens up charms bar, type in “Internet Options”.
- Select “Internet Options” that opens up “Internet Properties” window.
- Under “Connections” tab click on “LAN Settings”
- Uncheck “Use Proxy server” option and click on “OK”.
Step 4: Run the Windows 8 Apps Troubleshooter
When the App troubleshooter is running, it automatically fixes some of the basic issues that might be preventing the Store or apps from running – such as lower screen resolution, incorrect security or account settings, etc.
You can download the app troubleshooter from Microsoft’s official website and execute it.
Step 5: Clear Windows store cache
- Press Windowskey + R to open run box.
- Type exeand hit enter.
By doing this, all store cache and corrupt settings will reset and your Windows store shall open normally.
We hope the above mentioned solutions help you to overcome the issue of Windows store not opening. In case of any other you can give us a call on our toll free number 855-765-6710 (US, Canada) to seek instant tech assistance.