A strong password for your Wi-Fi network is extremely important to keep anyone from illegally using your data. However, it might be possible that you may forget the Wi-Fi password, making it another major hassle for you.
However, there’s no need to worry as there are several ways how you can easily recover your Wi-Fi password. If you’re unclear how to do it, just check the following steps.
Steps to view Wi-Fi password in Windows
You will only be able to view your saved passwords if your computer or laptop was previously connected to a Wi-Fi network.
1. Primarily, click on the start menu to open control panel window.
2. Now, click on “Network and Internet” option & then choose “Open Network and Sharing Center” option as given in the Control Panel.
3. Click on “Change Adapter settings” as given on the left-hand side menu list.
4. Over there “Wi-Fi” icon is given, right-click on it and select the “status” option.
5. A new pop-up window will be open showing Wi-Fi status, choose “Wireless Properties” and then click on “Security” tab.
6. You will then find a text field “Network security key” with ‘show characters’ option below. Just tick mark it and you will be able to see the password for connected Wi-Fi network.
7. Once you’re done click “OK” to exit.
Instead of following the long way to sort out this issue just open the run window by pressing Windows Key + R and type ncpa.cpl in the text field and hit enter, the Wi-Fi settings window will automatically open on your screen. All the networks are shown there just select your Wi-Fi network and follow rest of the steps as given above.
Both methods are so easy to perform, now you can quickly access the Wi-Fi password if in case you will forget it.
Interested to know about How to Backup and Restore Wireless Network Profile in Windows 7? Click Here!
For any other queries, you can call us at 855-765-6710 or write your question below in the comment section and we will solve your problem as soon as possible.