It might happen several times when your laptop touchpad dies, resulting in your mouse cursor to stop working. While experts have no problems with this, the absence of a mouse might become a crippling issue for casual users. Thankfully, there are various shortcut keys that allow you to perform several actions without a mouse.
The TAB button helps you with a lot of actions like, to open the start menu then just press the TAB button and click on enter. You can also cycle through the start menu entries by pressing tab. You can use enter and backspace to move in an out of folders and select desired item with arrow keys and opening it with the enter key.
But if you want to do your entire work without holding a mouse then you can check the below steps.
Via Mouse Keys Option
Mouse keys are an amazing built-in Windows feature that allows you to move the mouse cursor via numpad keys. Not only this, it also allows you to do right-click, double-click and left-click. To activate Mouse Keys in Windows, perform the following steps –
1) Firstly, open control panel and click Ease of Access Center option.
2) Now in Explore All Settings heading, click Make the mouse easier to use option.
3) When select select this setting, a pop-up box will open. Once it shows up, click on Turn on Mouse Keys Box to activate it.
4) Now Mouse Keys option is enabled in Windows.
Instead of doing this, you can use shortcut keys as well to enable this option. Simply, press ALT + Left SHIFT+ NUM LOCK to quickly enable mouse keys. Remember to use left SHIFT Key to enable this option. You can also adjust pointer speed in Make Mouse Easier to Use settings. Mouse Keys will work by default when NUM LOCK is On but you can change it accordingly. Once you enable this option, you will see a mouse icon in the notification area. The control keys options are listed below –
- 2 = Move Down
- 8 = Move Up
- 4 = Move Left
- 6 = Move Right
- 7 = Move Diagonally Top Left
- 9 = Move Diagonally Top Right
- 1 = Move Diagonally Bottom Left
- 3 = Move Diagonally Bottom Right
- 5 = Once Button Selected, will
- / = Select Left Mouse Button
- – = Select Right Mouse Button
- * = Select Both Buttons
Click here to know more about Useful List of Windows 10 Keyboard Shortcuts
So, if in case your mouse or touchpad stops working then simply enable this option and enjoy working with the keyboard. If you have any further query, then you can call us on our toll free number 855-765-6710 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.