Do your colleagues or friends often use your system to check emails and internet surfing? It sure is an awkward situation as our computers could be loaded with tons of personal information. You certainly can’t say no, but there are some other ways how can let your friends use your system without exposing your personal details.
Previous Window versions gave us the privilege of creating a guest account to ensure they won’t access any private data. Unfortunately, Windows 10 no longer has this option to create a guest account. But do not worry as there are still ways how you can create a guest account on Windows 10.
Listed below are the steps to create guest account via command prompt:
- Press the Windows + X key to Open the command prompt window and select “Command prompt (admin) “option.
- Accept the confirmation message.
- Now, you need to create a new user account. Choose any name except “Guest” as it is a reserved word for Windows. So we’ll use the name Visitor instead.
- Type the following on the command prompt and hit enter.
net user Visitor/add/active: yes
- Now, as the visitor account is going to have a temporary access we will assign a blank password to the account. Type the following command:
net user Visitor *
- As all users in Windows become a part of a local group, we need to remove the “Visitor” account from that club, to authorize limited access rights only. For this we need to type:
net localgroup users Visitor/Delete
- Then, type the following command at the prompt to add the Visitor user to the guests
net localgroup guest Visitor/ Add
- Now type exit to close the command prompt or press the “x” button at the upper right corner of the window.
Following the above steps will successfully add a guest account on your Windows 10.
How to Access Guest Account?
To view the guest account, you need to visit the login screen and press the icon placed on lower-left corner and select your respective guest account name. Suppose, you are already logged in with your main account, you can select the visitor account from the start menu itself.
How to switch back to main account?
Once your friend has used the PC, you can easily roll back to your main account from the start menu. Select your account details, enter your password and hit enter.
And now you have a brand new guest account! This account will have the same privileges as the old guest accounts. Hopefully Microsoft will bring back a proper interface for this option in the future.
In case you face any trouble in creating a guest account then give us a call on our toll free number 855-765-6710 (US, Canada) so that our tech experts can guide you through.