Windows 10 is the latest operating system developed and released by Microsoft. Their previous operating system Windows 8, failed to live up to its precursor’s reputation and didn’t pick up in the market despite of its amazing features. Windows 10 takes the best of both versions and combines them into a highly interactive operating system. But that doesn’t mean the new operating system is devoid of any problems, as even this slick OS can experience slowdowns.
One of the most common problems with windows 10 is people finding it difficult to clear their recently viewed files from explorer. While it might be helpful to some users, this feature can become really annoying as it would mess up your file explorer. The best way to avoid this nuisance is by clearing these recent files. Therefore, if you do not find this feature very helpful, then follow these simple steps to remove any recently viewed files from file explorer.
- Open “File Explorer” as available on the task bar.
- Click on “View” option given on the top bar.
- Next, click on “Options”.
- Now change open file explorer from ‘Quick Access’ to ‘This PC’.
- Exit by clicking the “OK” button.
- To view changes, reopen File Explorer.
Following the above steps will help you disable this function on your file explorer. However, this still doesn’t get rid of the recently viewed files. File Explorer keeps track of all files and folders you open. There are 2 sections namely, Frequent Folders and Recent Files section. The Frequent Folder displays those files and folders which you will open more than one time whereas in recent files you will see all files you have recently opened.
So, if you don’t want to keep records, simply change the settings by following these simple steps –
- First of all, in file Explorer open file option and then choose “Change folder and search options” command. This will bring up a new window.
- On the new window navigate to the General tab in Folder options. Once there, simply click on the clear button to remove all records of your recently viewed files and documents.
- After doing that, go back to file explorer and you will find that recent items list is deleted.
So, to delete the recent files from File Explorer in Windows 10 just follow these steps as they are easy and simple. In case of any further queries, you can always call us on our toll free number 855-765-6710. We are always happy to help you!
If you have upgraded to Windows 10 and not liking it at all. Click here to know more about how to roll back to your previous versions.