Backing up and restoring wireless network profile on Windows 7 is quite easy and simple. It’s always best to use a flash drive to save your network settings, instead of remembering the security key to connect all your devices on a network. Try the below steps to make backing up network profiles easy and quick on a Windows 7 computer.
Steps to Backup Wireless Network Profile
1. First-of-all, click on “open Network & Sharing Center” option available on the bottom-right of taskbar.
2. On the left panel, click on the option that says ‘Manage wireless networks’.
3. In that window you will see the entire list of networks that you might have connected to earlier. Choose the network you wish to connect with from this list and double click.
4. A new window will be open on your screen. Once there, checkmark ‘connect automatically when this network is in range’ option and click on ‘Copy the network profile to a USB flash drive’ option.
5. Now, plug-in your flash drive and windows will start copying selected network setting to your USB drive. Wait for a while till the settings are copied and click “Next”, when prompted.
6. This process will take only a few seconds. When it’s done, click on “close” to exit the window.
7. Now, open your USB Flash Drive and you will see setupSNK.exe file and other respective folders. Don’t delete any of these folders from the drive. To run the file just double click it.
Steps to restore Wireless Network Profile
1. First of all, plug-in USB Flash Drive containing the network settings and run setup. After the settings are installed, you will be asked if you want to add this device to the saved network. Click ‘yes’ to import settings.
2. The settings will be imported within few seconds and you will get confirmation via notification. Click ok to exit the setup wizard.
3. Saving your network settings to a USB drive makes it easy for you to configure multiple devices. It also eliminates the problem of remembering and entering your password every time you want to connect to a network.
Read more:-How to activate hotspot on your Windows PC?
If you are unable to perform these steps, then you can call us on our toll free number 855-765-6710 or e-mail us at email@example.com.