A remarkable feature of Windows 10 update is the addition of Cortana. By simply waving a small gesture of “Hey Cortana” command we can experience Windows like never before. You’re probably familiar with other personal assistant utilities such as, Google Now and Apple’s Siri. The new member in the Windows family, Cortana can be your personal digital assistant, who’ll help you get things done easily and manage your entire desktop. The more you’ll use Cortana, the more personalized your experience will be. Cortana can effortlessly manage all your day to day tasks; be it setting reminders for meetings, sending replies to your emails, helping you find facts about your favorite places and what not!
Read More to know about how to switch back to previous windows version from windows 10?
By default, this feature comes disabled and must be switched on manually. If you wish to use this new feature, here are some quick steps to enable ‘Hey Cortana’ in Windows 10:
1. Press windows icon and tap the search box in task bar.
2. As soon as the Search box appears, click notebook icon on the left.
3. Now click on Settings option.
4. Here you’ll find the option labeled “Hey Cortana”. Use the slider to activate this option.
5. You can now go about using your computer as you normally would, and whenever you need Cortana to perform a task, start by saying, “Hey, Cortana,” followed by your personalized command.
How to use Cortana with Voice Command?
To use this advanced option of Cortana, follow below mentioned footsteps:
1. Tap the settings icon.
2. Now enable the option “Let Cortana respond when you say ‘Hey Cortana’ “.
3. Once it has been done the user needs to tap Learn my voice button to make sure that the right direction is taken in this regard.
4. Now the system will start voice recognition process by recording any 6 random phrases to get a familiar touch of your voice, and to recognize it for future use.
5. Press Start button to start recording and complete the process.
Once you are done, Cortana will instantly hear you as soon as you say out loud “Hey Cortana”.
Some Highlights of Cortana
Here is a small list of tasks including everything that you can ask Cortana to do:
• Weather Update.
• Know complete detail about your schedule.
• Get directions to a place.
• Access Notes.
• Check Flight Status.
• Set Reminders.
• Manage your time with Alarms, Events and Calendars.
• Send Reply to your Emails.
• Identify a song.
• Search Online for Google and Bing results.
There is also an added bonus if you have a windows phone, you can sync the notifications between your PC and smartphone.
Well, these are just bunch of highlights so try out any of the above commands to get started. Type a question in the search box, or select the microphone and start talking to Cortana.
In case you get stuck and face any trouble in enabling Cortana, then give us a call on our toll free number 855-765-6710 (US, Canada).