You might use more than a single android device or phone and like to keep them locked. If that’s the case, then there’s a fair chance that you might end up forgetting the password to one of those devices. You could rush to the nearest service center to get it unlocked again, but that would cost you some money. Thankfully there is another way to unlock your phone without getting any paid help.
To know more about How to Restrict Data Usage in Android Phones? Visit Here!!
Let’s proceed step by step.
- Keep trying different passcodes/patterns unless it says device is locked try again in X seconds but after this do not keep trying with different passcodes. If you will do so your device may be locked for an hour/day and for a week.
- This is the time when you have to click on “Forgot Pattern” and before doing this you should make sure that your device is connected to the internet so before proceeding further you should turn on Wi-fi or mobile data, if setting shortcuts are accessible. Now a window will be prompted in which you have to enter your Google email id and password.
All you need tap sign in after entering the detail. If you have entered correct details and the internet connection is working fine your android device will be unlocked.
If it is still locked or you have even forgot google account id and password, then too the device is far from becoming useless. However, this time you need to perform a factory reset using recovery mode. Unfortunately, this will also erase your phone data and personalized settings, so be ready for that.
So let us begin the hard reset process.
- Turn your device off, if it cannot be turned-off normally, turn it off by removing and reinserting the battery.
- Now you need to boot the device in recovery mode. To do this we need to press a combination of buttons, which varies from device-to-device. You can check on google or on your OEM website for the correct button combination to boot your phone in recovery mode.
- Once you are in the recovery mode your screen will look like this.
- Here you will find many Options such as, reboot system now/Wipe cache portion etc. Using volume up and down keys to go to wipe data/factory reset and press the hard button which is assigned for select/ok
- After this you will see a warning message and after clicking ok your phone will start restoring to factory settings.
- After a couple of seconds your phone will be rebooted and you will be find it restored to factory settings and totally unlocked. From here you can again set a new password if you want.
Also check How to Find Your Lost Smartphone?
We hope this article helped you get your android device unlocked. If you liked this article, please let us know in the comments, or if you have any other tech related issues kindly give us a call on our toll free number (855) 765-6710.