It often happens that if someone touches your mouse accidentally, or there was a slight bump on your desk, your computer will wake from sleep mode. Although this sounds pretty harmless, your computer will continue to hog on power till the next time it sleeps automatically. This happens because this function is enabled in windows default settings. The good news is that you can change these settings by following simple steps listed below.
1. Click on start menu or press windows button on your keyboard. In search box type ‘mouse’.
2. Click on mouse and go to hardware
3. Select your mouse and click on properties. This will open a new window.
4. Now click on change settings in the new window that pops up after clicking properties.
5. This will open a new properties window where you can see your mouse name written on top.
6. Click on power management tab in this window
7. Uncheck the option that says “Allow this device to wake the computer” and click ‘Ok’ to exit.
With this function disabled you can leave your computer in sleep mode without worrying about someone waking it up by accident. This will help save your laptop battery and conserve power if you are using a computer.
If you face any issue in following the aforementioned steps or if you have any other tech related issues call us on our toll free number (855) 765-6710 or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.