iOS 10 which is the latest software update for apple iPhone, iPads and iPods released by Apple Inc. on 13th September 2016. The update has several amazing features, which make your apple devices more user friendly and easy to use. First of all, let’s have a look on the list of compatible devices.
iPhone 7 Plus
iPhone 6s Plus
iPhone 6 Plus
iPad Pro 12.9-inch
iPad Pro 9.7-inch
iPad Air 2
iPad 4th generation
iPad mini 4
iPad mini 3
iPad mini 2
iPod touch 6th generation
Here are 5 amazing features which you can enjoy after getting upgraded to iOS 10.
1. Camera: Updates to the camera is released for iPhone 7 plus in the latest update 10.1.1 where you can take pictures using portrait mode. In portrait mode you can take pictures of a subject with blur background, quite similar to DSLR. iPhone7 Plus utilizes its dual-lens camera to analyze the photo and blur the background. You can notice the difference in the below photographs.
(image taken from google)
Here is how you can use portrait mode.
a. Go to camera app select portrait from the menu located above the shoot button. Tap “Try the Beta” when prompted and continue.
b. When the camera is turned on you will see a message in gray box “Place the subject within 8 feet” If you place the camera too close it will ask you to “Move further away”
c. You will be able to see the subject with blur background on the camera screen. Here you can click the picture. By default, it clicks 2 different shots one with the blur background and the other one as normal.
2. Siri is now open to third party apps: This update has made ‘Siri’ even more powerful as you will be able to use voice control for number of non-Apple apps such as We Chat, Slack, Lyft Uber, Whatsapp etc. You can use Siri with third party apps by following these steps.
a. Press and hold power button till you see Siri screen with colorful lights in the bottom. Here you ask Siri to perform a task for you. For example, you say “Send a WeChat message to john”
b. In the next step Siri will ask “what do you want to say to john”
c. Speak your message and it will be sent through WeChat.
3. iMessage features: iMessage is now fully loaded with new features which enables you to send messages with emotions. Here is the list of amazing features You can find on iMessage.
a. With new iMessage you can change the way your message bubble looks like now Say it proud. Say it loud. Or whisper it. You can change sending effects by long pressing send button and selecting the appropriate option.
(Image taken from google)
b. In the updated iMessage if you can send wishes to your friend on their birthday, wedding anniversary or on new year. All such special wishes will be displayed along with beautiful animations. For example, if you send happy birthday to your friend he will see flying balloons on screen.
c. Replacing text with emoji is another new feature added with IOS 10. You can use it in iMessage to replace text with suggested emoji.
To use this feature first you need to write text and then tap on the emoji button on keyboard. The text for which an emoji is available, will be changed to orange color and when you will tap on it emoji will replace text.
4. Intelligent photos: Photos app has also been injected with artificial intelligence and will reorganize people, objects, places etc. in images. Now you can search images of your pet by simply writing dog in the search bar.
5. Deleting preinstalled apps. Yes, it is now possible with new IOS 10 to delete preinstalled apps. This feature is really helpful in making room for your favorite apps. As we all know apple devices comes with non-expendable internal memory. Therefore, by using this feature you can make the best out of available memory. Although apple stressed that preinstall apps do not take much space (less than 150 MB all together), this feature is still pretty useful.
To delete a preinstalled applications long tap on any application and you will see a cross button on the icon of the application and by taping it application will be un installed.
Note: You will not be able to delete some basic apps such as messages, camera, photos, clock etc.
Abovementioned are ‘most loved’ features of IOS 10 and we hope you will enjoy them. If you have any other tech related issues or you need any kind of technical assistance you can call us on our toll free number which is (855) 765-6710. You can also write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org.