Although going on a vacation and clicking thousands of photographs sounds like fun, sharing these photos can be a cumbersome task. Yes, it is much simpler than older times when we used mechanical film reel cameras. Still, uploading multiple photos and emailing them to your friends sure is time consuming. Thankfully, apple’s incredible feature airdrop makes sharing extremely easy, while saving a lot of time.
By using Airdrop, we can easily transfer multiple files from one apple device to another instantaneously. These files can include anything such as photos, music, videos, documents and notes etc.
Some basic requirements-
To use Airdrop, the foremost requirement is that both the devices should have iOS 7(or later) and must fall within the below criteria-
- iPhone 5 or later
- iPad pro
- iPad 4th generation or later
- iPad mini or later
- iPod touch 5th generation or later.
How to use Airdrop on your iOS device?
Let’s learn how to use Airdrop in these easy-to-follow steps:
- Bring up the control center panel of your iOS device by swiping on the screen in an upward direction.
- Check the Airdrop icon and enable it. Once Airdrop is activated it automatically turns On Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on your device.
- Tap the Airdrop button and customize privacy settings if you want to share your data with only the people in your contacts or everyone.
- Now open the app from where you want to transfer your data. E.g. If you want to transfer photographs to another device, just tap photo app and select the number of pictures you want to send. Then click share.
- After tapping share, choose the recipient from your contacts list to begin transfer.
- After you choose the recipient, he will receive a notification whether he wants to receive the files or not. As soon as he accepts it the data transfer will begin.
- Voila, your files have been transferred instantaneously!
How to use Airdrop on Mac?
Airdrop feature is also accessible on Mac with OS X Yosemite, here is how to use it-
- Check under finder, the list of available devices.
- At the bottom of your window activate “Allow me to be discovered” setting.
- Simply drag and drop the files into another device to share the data.
- You can also directly press the share button from the app. For example, you come across important content on safari web and want to share it with friends. You can do this by simply clicking the share button to send the webpage via Airdrop.
Quick tip: The personal hotspot feature is by default turned ON during the Airdrop process so just make sure you turn it off once you are done transferring the data.
If in case, you are facing difficulty while using Airdrop then a simple hack can save you from any trouble. Just restart both devices and set the privacy mode to “Everyone”. The default settings are set to ‘contacts only’, which can cause problems with identifying new devices. Changing privacy to everyone will make all devices appear.
Once you’re done with the data transfer, do not forget to switch Airdrop off so it cannot be targeted by any malicious intruders.
In case of any further assistance give us a call on our toll free number 855-765-6710 (US, Canada).