Do you ever plug in a USB device and your PC fails to recognize it? We always blame the USB drive in this case failing to understand that there might be some other causes too. Don’t worry as USB issues can be easily fixed via following simple troubleshooting.
Let’s learn how to master any USB related issue with the help of these quick simple tips:
Step 1: Open the Device Manager
- Press the windows + R key and type “msc” to open the device manager.
- In the device manager window, we have to check which USB is facing the issue, once you find it, select and right click on properties.
- Quick Tip: In case you are unable to find the respective USB which is causing trouble you can adapt the hit and try method to identify. Just remove and re-plug the USB device so the USB names instantly appears on the list.
Step 2: Device Properties
- In the device properties window shown below, switch to Details Now click the drop-down menu for Propertyand select Device Instance Path. Note down the corresponding value on a piece of paper because you might need it later and hit OK.
- Close the window and again press the windows + R to open the run dialog box and type regedit.
Step 3: Registry Editor
- In the Registry Editor window navigate to –HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetEnumUSB<Device Instance Path>Device Parameters
- NOTE: Obtain the value of the device instance path from step 2 (the one you noted down).
Step 4: Device Parameters
- In the right pane of Device Parameters key look for EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled which must be showing its Value data as 1. Double click on the same to get this:
- In the above shown box change the Value Data to 0 and click OK.
- Close the Registry Editor window as well as the Device Manager.
Also Read: How to Create Backup
Step 5: Reboot the System
Reboot your system once to see the effective changes.
In case still you are still facing an issue there might be a possibility that the USB drive must have got physically damaged.
Otherwise, if you get stuck in the midst of any of the above points give us a call on our toll free number 855-765-6710 (US, Canada) to seek instant tech assistance.