While working on a laptop or PC you get a lot of notifications of new updates. After completing your task, when you try to shut down your PC, you need to wait as it installs these updates for the next 20 minutes or so. It is kind of irritating. What if you want to shut down your PC or laptop immediately without installing the updates?
Here are few things you can try.
Always keep in mind that if updates are waiting to be installed then you will see an orange shield warning sign beside the Shut Down button. So instead of clicking on that for shutting down the computer or laptop, follow any one of the options as given below.
Also Read: Fix Temporary File Issue on Windows 7
- Press Alt+F4 keys simultaneously.
- A dialog box will be open in front of you. In the pull-down menu Shutdown option is there just select it to turn off your PC. But, if any new updates are waiting to install then the ‘Install updates and shut down’ option will be there whereas if there are no updates then you will find this option missing.
- Primarily, lock the computer simply by pressing Windows Key + L.
- If you have more than one account, then click on “Switch User” option as given on the screen otherwise follow the next step.
- On the screen, you will see the red shut down button in the lower right corner just click on it and select the “Shutdown without installing updates” option from the drop down menu.
- First of all, open the start menu.
- Enter “cmd” in the “search programs and files” box.
- Select the option from the list that appears in front of you.
- Enter shutdown /s /f /t 0 (The last character is “zero”.)
- Press Enter.
All these options will definitely help you a lot, so next time whenever you face this issue you can easily shut down your PC without installing the updates. Now, don’t wait for long to install the updates simply use any one of the options and shut down your PC after closing down all your programs that are running on your system. All these options are really useful and easy as well for shutting down the Windows 7 PC. So now instead of waiting too long for Windows to install updates just power off your PC within few seconds.