Is your web browser crashing a lot, causing superfluous interruptions in your work? Well, we are sure you have not tried all the ways to fix this issue. You can easily restore the default settings of your browser at any point of time by just resetting the settings. This article will guide you about how to reset your web browser settings for some well-known browsers viz. Google chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera and Mac safari respectively in a detailed step by step process.
- Launch Google Chrome
- Click the Chrome menu button located at the upper-right corner of the window, (icon that has three horizontal bars).
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu. This will open the browser settings in a new tab.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Show advanced settings.
- Scroll to the very bottom of the page. Locate the Reset option and press Reset browser settings.
- Confirm the reset. Read the warning in the pop-up window describing what exactly the reset will do. Confirm that we want to make these changes, and then press Reset.
First let’s understand what resetting Firefox browser settings will accomplish. Firefox does not remove windows and tabs, browsing history and bookmarks, saved passwords, saved form history, or cookies. If we would like to remove those things, it will have to be done separately. The below mentioned points will guide you about how to restore your browser to default settings:
- Launch Mozilla Firefox.
- Click the Firefox menu button. This is located in the upper-right corner of the window or in the latest version you will find it at the top left corner of your screen titled as “Firefox”. Press the ‘?’ symbol at the bottom of the drop-down menu to go to the Help page.
- Click on Troubleshooting Information.
- Press the Reset Firefox button located at the top right of the page.
- Confirm that we want to reset the browser settings. Then click Reset Firefox.
- Launch Opera.
- Click on the menu with the Opera symbol and locate More Tools. If we have “Show Menu Bar” set on, just go to Toolswhich can be found at the top of the browsers page.
- Select Clear browsing data.
- Choose what we want to delete. For a full browser reset, check all options. However, we can pick only those that we want to delete, keeping the rest of the settings intact. Once we’ve checked all the options we want to reset, press Clear browsing data.
- Open Safari.
- Click on the ‘Safari’ option on the menu bar and select Reset Safari.
Voila! It’s done, in this way you can restore to default settings of your desired browser. Hope this article will help you to reset your browser settings. If in case you have any other query then you can give us a call on our toll free number 855-765-6710 (US, Canada).